Digital Wellbeing Primer is a programme for people who wish to improve their habits related to social media, screen time and other digital activities. This course is recommended for those who wish to understand a few core aspects of digital wellbeing.
In our 15 lessons, we will be looking at significant aspects of digital wellbeing. In some lessons, we will be learning about scientific findings on habits, willpower, productivity, happiness, play and moderation. Those lessons are more intense and might require more academic thinking, so each is followed by a more relaxed review lesson. In review lessons, we will explore how you can put new insights into practice. The review lessons seem lighter to complete. However, to benefit from their content, you might want to spend more time on reflective practice with the help of provided review sheets.
You can complete the full course in two weeks – some of our clients like to spend their holidays completing this journey. If you can dedicate two focussed weeks to this course, that’s fantastic. However, if you prefer to take your time with each lesson – read each recommended book and explore each topic in more detail – that’s perfectly fine too. It is recommended to take the review sessions seriously. Please do explore each topic from your own, personal point of view to ensure that the material makes a long-lasting impact on your digital wellbeing.
Unlike in many other detox or wellbeing courses or programmes, we will not ask you to switch off entirely. I think for many of us, it is quite an unrealistic goal. Instead, we will study a moderate and more pragmatic approach to our digital activities. This approach will equip you with a balanced mindset for dealing with information and communication overload, unhealthy screen habits and potentially toxic relationship with the web.
At the end of this short course, you should be able to understand better the impact of digital technologies on your life and explore making informed choices about your daily digital habits.
Voxel Hub certification will be provided upon the successful completion of this course. See the final lesson for more details.
- You will learn more about current myths and facts related to the impact of social media and digital technologies on your brain, habits and wellbeing.
- You will learn more about some top tactics in pro-active management of your digital habits.
- You will learn to make a few informed choices around your digital wellbeing.
Additional tips and options for this course:
- Please purchase an A4 folder. Download the course folder cover. Each lesson will include complimentary printing materials for your coursework. If you don’t like printing, please set up a folder on your computer to save all course materials.
- For your course reflections, you can set up a digital notebook for this course on Evernote.com (free note-taking tool, which also allows integrating Kindle highlights). You can use Evernote notebook on most leading devices.
- Log in to your Twitter account to re-share the tweet-notes featured in our lessons.
- Set up a Pinterest board for visual notes from our lessons.
- Check out our blog for additional learning materials and inspirations.
Pledge Your Commitment to this Course:
- Please download, read, sign and email us Your Voxel Hub Course Pledge.
- Please share on Twitter the following public declaration of commitment (or re-tweet the post featured below): ‘I pledge to myself, my friends and followers to complete #VoxelHub course “Digital Wellbeing Primer”. Please support me on this journey. Thank you’
‘I pledge to myself, my friends and followers to complete #VoxelHub course “Digital Wellbeing Primer”. Please support me on this journey. Thank you’
— Voxel Hub (@VoxelHub) October 4, 2019
- Lectures 15
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All level
- Language English
- Students 2
- Assessments Yes
Digital Wellbeing Primer 15
I am a senior social media and digital wellbeing consultant, coach and counsellor.
Since 2004 I am helping individuals, organisations and brands articulate their stories with the help of the social web and find humanity in the digital world.
I am a word of mouth marketer advising nonprofits and commercial brands on informed, realistic, sustainable digital strategies. I help organisations and brands develop sustainable digital wellbeing strategies. I am a personal adviser, coach and counsellor working with individuals wishing to identify, plan and develop their digital wellbeing goals. I am supporting clients in understanding the growing range of choices related to their online activities and in making decisions benefiting their personal careers and wellbeing.
I offer a wide range of digital services, so please take a moment to learn more about my experience, but also check out the testimonials from my past and current clients. I am always happy to chat about digital wellbeing and social media so feel free to get in touch for an initial consultation. I practice what I preach. I am a blogger passionate about digital and wellbeing. I take visual notes about my hobbies: coffee and allotment gardening. I record inspiring moments in my personal photo notebook. I am a founder of BarcampNFP and BigosUK.
I currently work mainly in digital wellbeing and mental health. I am a Community Champion at OTR Bristol, a social movement for young people’s mental health (the oldest youth counselling service in the Bristol area). I volunteer for Bristol Mind and other local mental health charities.