What does liberation mean to you?
Welcome to our September Newsletter. As the summer softly shifts into autumn, I am starting my journey with the Vunja! We Will Dance With The Mountains Academy and my small oddship group from a few continents. I am entering this community to continue unlearning my White, Euro-patriarchal ways of thinking and step into more feeling. I do this because feeling and re-connecting with ourselves and re-authoring our stories (individual, collective, planetary) is at the core of liberation psychologies.
Last Friday, I presented on the topic for the Therapy for Social Change Network (video should be available here, and our favourite quotes are here), and so I hope to continue this journey with newly formed alliances and, hopefully, new friendships too. It’s so interesting to hear the feedback from participants as it starts to flow my way: solidarity, vulnerability, generosity and new, solid practice ideas are what I hoped for. This work is mutual, co-created and beautifully de-centralised, maybe even mysteriously ambiguous at first. And then again, our lives are fluid. Our identities are performances. Our sense of health and wellbeing lends itself to a rather complex caleidoscope of experiences. So, as practitioners and healers, we need to embrace that complexity.
Whether you are starting this work (you are welcome to pick up whichever starting point resonates with you) or whether you are well versed in this way of shopping up for others, I welcome your contributions. You are welcome, and we are here to listen and learn from you, too. Thank you for reading and being with us.
This month, I encourage you to reflect on what the word “liberation” means to you. It may come with negative connotations, and it can help us move forward from unimaginable suffering. What does liberation mean to you?
At Voxel Hub, we are listening to your feedback. We hear from wonderful leaders who care for their staff, and so we are going back to the core of our work and reconnecting with geeks, digital and corporate clients delivering digital burnout sessions and offering digital wellbeing consultancy.
My close friends and Advisors flagged up the need for a Founder’s Voice on the website, and so, after much hesitation, I am back sharing honest and authentic questions that emerge for me while I do this work. The first post is featured in this newsletter.
We have also been asked about the online courses featured on our website, and yes, those are coming soon. With our Advisory Board, we have now clarified our offering, and so in 2024, we hope to finalise the website courses for you as well. Stay tuned!
I wish you a soft autumn!
My favourite topic this month
This month, this year, in fact, I am exploring the fertile void of Gestalt therapy:
- John Leary Joyce Exploring the Fertile Void Personally and Professionally
- Nancy Amendt Lyon – How can a void be fertile?
- Fertile void in addiction counselling
- Fertile void for navigating confusion
- Fertile void in coaching
Resources & Offerings
We have a few free/affordable events coming up for you:
- 2023.09.25. Introduction to Virtual Reality Therapies (online) – OnlineEvents – https://www.eventbrite.com/x/introduction-to-virtual-reality-therapies-sylwia-korsak-tickets-708541375327
- 2023.10.11. Geek Therapies (10 min keynote, in person) – https://www.meetup.com/oxford-geek-night/events/294925861/
- 2023.10.23. Introduction to Virtual Reality Therapies: Virtual Reality Experience (online) https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/introduction-to-virtual-reality-therapies-virtual-reality-experience-tickets-687612235707
- 2023.11.25 12-2 PM – Iron Mill – Virtual Reality Therapies (online) – https://www.ironmill.co.uk/introduction-to-virtual-reality-therapies
- 2025.02.02. 12- 2 PM – Iron Mill – Digital SelfCare (online) – https://www.ironmill.co.uk/introduction-to-digital-self-care
If you have any recommendations on the topic, please let me know! Thank you!
Thank you for reading our Newsletter. Talk to us online, check out our blog and let us know what else you want to see here in the upcoming months.
To receive our newsletter in your inbox, sign up here.