In order for the digital detox to work, we need to plan and make space for restoration.
This could mean:
- getting all crucial work done before we log off
- planning cover for our key commitments and emergencies
- giving everyone a fair warning about our plans to unplug for a few days
- letting our family and friends know that we are safe and plan to stay offline for a while
- accepting the possibility that we might need to respond to emergency messages and figuring out the right time slot to do so
I wonder if this could simply be the way we prepare for our weekends and annual leave anyway and we could simply skip the idea of a digital detox?